Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Remembering Chris: Life and Death

My son, Chris, loved our dog Amber.  So you might say I had two inspirations for writing my book which then brought me to this blog.  Chris was a very fine young man.  He was never in trouble.  This makes it all the more difficult to accept the violent way in which he died.  It was not how he lived.  He was kind,  sensitive, considerate and funny, very very funny.  His father and I loved him dearly.  He was greatly affected by his father's long illness.  Chris had spent so much time with him.  School was hard for him because he had ADD.  He was a wonderful runner and went to National Junior Olympics for cross country three times.  He loved to drive and learned both stick and automatic.

What happened?  Chris was shot in the chest under suspicious circumstances.  He died alone far from home, a terrible heartache.  The local police came to my home five hours later to tell me.  I was numb and disbelieving.  I could never accept the official version of what happened.  Too many things about the scene didn't add up.  Two rounds of ammunition were missing from the gun.  No shells were found at the scene even though it was a very small caliber gun.  Plus, Chris had a bump on top of his head and one of his fingers had been broken.  The cause of death was listed as a suicide.  I had a private investigation done.  An ex FBI agent and a retired homicide cop told me it was not suicide.

Despite trying, I couldn't get to the truth or any justice.  One of the individuals involved had a father with strong political connections.  I may never know the whole story, but I pray daily for truth and justice for Chris.  I also pray those involved will someday let God into their hearts, seek forgiveness and do the right thing.  I have faith someone involved or someone who knows what happened will one day come forward.  

My faith has been a great comfort and solace to me.  I don't blame God for what happened.  There is evil in this world, and all too many times, people choose to do evil.  I see tragedy and misfortune as part of the human condition.  We are not guaranteed perfection here on earth

That's my story.  If you would like to share your story,  please comment on this blog.  We are all in this together.  God bless

Love,
Rosemarie

No comments:

Post a Comment